Saturday, November 3, 2007

Just Wonder-ful for Brown in 45-25 win over the spiders!



It was a WONDERFUL night in Kannapolis. The Battle for the Bell was finally back to the regular season finale, and both teams playing for a share of the South Piedmont Conference Championship. The weather was finally "football" weather, after an October of Global Warming :)

I had a good feeling going into this game that unless we turned the ball over a lot, we would beat this Concord team. The Wonders have improved since the beginning of the year, and I felt we were a better team than they were this year. It's been a few years when I felt this confident about this game.

I know that next to the DUKE-unc basketball games, and it may be even better in my opinion, I love this game and it's been better since we have won more than we lost to them since I've been attending the games. I know they have a 3 game lead overall, but since I've been following Wonder football (1978), we are 23-10 against them.

The Wonders took control early, and the closest the spider could get was within 12 points. I never felt that the spiders would be able to come back with the pressure we were putting on their quarterbacks (3 total).

It was great to see the bell come home, but now it's on to the playoffs. We are a fourth seed, and we could be playing Catholic in the second round (the team that beat us in the final four a few years ago, and again last year, I think).

Charlotte Observer | 11/03/2007 | Just Wonder-ful for Brown

No comments: