Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tar Heels fend off tough
challenge from Davidson


It was a great game last night. I went to the game with a Tarheel friend of mine. The game reminded me of how much better it is to watch a football game in charlotte than a panthers game (I've been to 2 of those this year, unfortunately). Basketball is a beautiful game to watch, and except for the last few minutes, is full of non stop action.

In football, you have a play that lasts for a few seconds, then they take 40 seconds to run another play. You can get the refs to make a bad call, and you will get over 2 minutes of no action.

Last night, it was great to see a basketball game and see the difference with the panthers. The Davidson Wildcats and even the tarholes played with heart, passion, and desire. You did not feel that anyone on the court was not into the game and doing their best (see julius peppers). It even seemed to me that tyler hansborough was a little "moody" last night. I was kind of hoping to see gerald henderson come out of the stands and take care of his little attitude he seemed to have from the upper deck, section 211, row p, seat 10.

The crowd was a pro unc crowd, of course, and I was glad that the guy next to me was a cool unc fan (but the only one). It seemed that everyone else around me wanted a foul on every play, and unc did not commit any fouls the entire night in their opinion. I do know of a few DUKE fans like that also, but I want mention any names :)
I know for me, it takes something away from the game to whine about every play. Basketball fans should know that it is the toughest game to officiate and not complain for the entire 40 minutes. I thought the refs were actually doing a good job (I guess they were not from the ACC).



Charlotte Observer | 11/15/2007 | Tar Heels fend off tough
challenge from Davidson

No comments: